CARe Europe is an International network which serves professionals, service users and organizations to
promote the transition from institutional to community-based and recovery-based care.
CARe Europe is active in the field of mental health care, social care and welfare services for persons
with psychiatric, learning and physical disabilities. We connect practice, research and education.
CARe Europe has been established in 2011 with the support of Fund Storm Rehabilitation. Members
are individual persons (professionals, consumers, activists), services, consumer organisations,
national associations, educational and research institutes.
CARe Europe has the following activities:
1. Providing information and knowledge
2. Providing opportunities for meeting, learning and exchange
3. Supporting the development of new initiatives by providing advice and training
4. Encouraging research and knowledge development
5. Encouraging partnerships between organisations in different countries
The main office of CARe Europe is located in Tallinn. At the moment CARe Europe has members in
17 different countries.